Wednesday 19 August 2015

The Maldives, Me and You - A Poem

In my dreams, I wake and walk
Across the room to lift the blind
No need to think or even talk
Just feel your presence close behind
I open the blind to let the sun glint through
Then turn around to stare at you
You catch my eye and I pull the cord
Letting in the sun and the sound of water
I wander out of the room on stilts
Wearing only my bronze silk nightie
Then I sit on the steps and swish
My tanned legs in the calm waters
Here we are in the Maldives
The sun beating down on my shoulders
So early in the morn
Must get dressed and go to eat
Fresh fruit and eggs with
Orange juice and coffee
All laid out on pure white linen
Cannot wait to start our day
I bend over the chest of drawers
Looking for my shorts and vest
When you approach me from behind
Encircling my waist with two firm arms
I reach up and take your hands
You kiss my neck and whisper
Words of love
I feel your strength and tender touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment