Saturday 12 December 2015

Good restaurants are worth waiting for

I have visited Felixstowe for the last 20 years to visit my mum, either on my own or with my husband and son. Sadly on this occasion it was to organise her funeral and on the last day before returning to London, we decided to try the Alex. It was a Friday lunchtime and we had been advised by the Minister at the funeral to try to get a window seat upstairs in the Brasserie. It was busy, so we sat a row back. The restaurant was buzzing and modern which I like.

The food: Great choice and quality stuff.
We had the olives and bread of the day to start with...excellent.


 Hubby had the smoked salmon, crayfish and avocado basket with lime coulis from the Starters which he shared with me as I have a small appetite. Then I chose the Hot seafood medley (no idea why as I'm not mad about fish) which was really tasty. He chose the calf's liver and we swopped plates halfway through. The wine was excellent. I prefer French so chose the Picpoul de Pinet which was nicely chilled and served in a thin topped wine glass (I notice these things) and I finished with the Blood orange meringue pie.


Sadly, we have no reason to visit Felixstowe any more so we are unlikely to return. Wish we discovered you earlier. One night we were staying in a local hotel and drove all the way to Ipswich to buy pizza takeaway, passing the Alex on the way!

I nearly forgot the best bits.

1) We were relaxing with our aperitif when somebody vacated a window table and the waitress offered us a window table with the lovely view and helped us move our things over in a smooth manner.

2) The toilets are just amazing with coloured lights changing colour constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment