Wednesday 19 October 2016

They say strangers don't speak to each other in London!

 
Yesterday, I went to an exercise class in Kensington and spoke to a few people in the class. As the journey home clashed with schools out, I decided not to get my usual bus from Notting Hill Station as I'd be lucky to get a seat, so walked to Holland Park to get a quieter bus.  After 10 minutes the other person at the bus stop gave up waiting.  A policeman passed me and then 5 minutes later came back to the bus stop, noting I was reading the times of the buses and looking at my watch.  He  told me the bus would be here any second as he'd checked with the latest technology.  Then I got chatting to a lady on the bus who admired my mini tote bag from Kensington Palace and we had a chat till her bus stop. Walking home from my bus stop I stopped to let a lady teaching her son how to use his camera to photograph his nana.  If I carried on walking, I would have ruined his photo and they stopped me to thank me.  Who needs the new badge the tube are handing out saying "Tube chat?"

No comments:

Post a Comment